Sunday, February 28, 2016

DIMLY IN A MIRROR. ...Then Face to Face.

As some may notice, I am in the season of changing facebook pages and blogs.  I struggle with knowing my own title let alone redirecting my focus.  It is equally difficult to draw in the many lessons I have learned about art in order to share them with you.  It is difficult to know exactly how to write about the "Spiritual" side of my creativity without thinking I might sometimes sound very religious.  I began to realize that so much of life is looking through a mirror and seeing dimly.  It is only when the Holy Spirit comes with his creative genius that everything falls in place for me.

When I first get a concept or idea about something I want to write or paint, it begins with a flicker of light.  Just enough light so that I can see in the mirror of inspiration.  However, the ideas remain dimly hidden from me.  A little out of reach.  In time after some pondering thoughts and study, the the Great Creator arrives in time and it is like seeing with His eyes.  It can sometimes feel like I am so close to Him that I can sense His breath breathing in me and through me.  We are like One, Face to Face, and He teaches me how to create.
 
 
It is the same blog page.  Rita still paints!  And writes!  And lives!  However, I want to change the emphasis of what I write about.  I want to share my heart about art and creativity.  Spirit and art.  Beauty and God.  Expressionism and power.  Color and Impressionism.  On and on and on.  I want to share with you my creative path.  It always seems to begin dimly.  The Light turns on and I am there:  Face to Face.  With God.  And, with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment